Thursday 24 May 2012

UGGHH SO HOMESICK!

I lived in DRCongo for 17 years. When I came here in December the cold was unbearable, I always kept looking for a place to hide. I was so used to the heat that the snow was just not working for me. Anyways, when I came to Canada it was a huge change for me. There was no longer a driver to drive me around, no more cooks to do the cooking for me and no one to do my dishes and my laundry. I had to do all of this by myself. The first few weeks were the most horrible weeks of my life. I felt terribly homesick and depressed, but I got used to it. I still miss it home every now and then. The noisy streets, the traffic jams that you get stuck in for hours and hours without moving, but most of all the heat and the food! Oh I miss the congolese food so much. I mean places like subway and KFC are delicious but eventually you do get tired of them. Then you start craving for the food you used to get at home and how it used to fill your stomach up! I remember eating fufu and fish sauce, it was one of my favourite cuisine. Fufu is a staple food in several african countries. . "It is made by boiling starchy vegetables like cassava, yams or plaintains and then pounding them into a dough-like consistency"1. It is extremely delicious. Well, that's all i have to say today.
Fufu with fish sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment