Thursday 14 June 2012

Learning how to Speak lingala.

The country, DRC is really huge. You can see how big it is, even when you look at the map. In this large piece of land live several different groups of people who speak many different languages and come from various different tribes. The most well known languages and most widely spoken languages are Tshiluba, Kikongo, Lingala, Swahili. I don't know how to speak all of them but I do know how to speak Lingala, but when I usually mix French and Lingala together.  I decided that since we were talking about languages I could just write down a few sentences in Lingala.

Kombo ya yo nini? What is your name.
Ozo sala nini? What are you doing
Nazo sala musala. - I am working.
Sala noki! Hurry Up!
-------------------------------------------
A few words in Lingala:

Zua- Take
Nyaka- Come
Kende- Go
Mbisi- Fish
Lipa- Bread
Soso- Chicken.

Well I have been living in D.R.Congo for several years so I did pick up the language mostly just by listening to it and talking to the domestics that do the household chores for us, but I hope you guys enjoyed learning a few of the words and sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment